Every Kea Trailer is manufactured with its own serial number label. This enables us to identify technical information about your trailer. Your Serial Number Label will display the following information:
- GVM: Gross Vehicle Mass – this is the maximum total operating weight of the trailer
- Tyres: The size of tyres fitted to your trailer
- Tyre Pressure: The recommended tyre pressure for your tyres
- Date: Date of manufacture
- Tare: The weight of the trailer itself
- Load: This is the load weight you can carry on your trailer. The load weight is calculated by taking the GVM and deducting the tare weight of the trailer off it.
- NB: You also need to consider the rating of the tow bar on your vehicle when working out how much you can load on your trailer.